Sunday, June 20, 2010

Linked, Plaxo, Google Sites

http://sites.google.com/site/maischw/

this is my google sites, site. I had some trouble trying to edit it and what not. Once I thought I finally got it, it wouldn't let me save it...I'm not sure if it was my computer, internet connection, or something else. SOO it's not as great as I'd hoped it would be. I'll try fixing it again later. I think it's a neat way to get everything in one spot!



I think that there are definite benefits to all three of the projects for this week. I think that the google sites website it a really good way to compile all the things you may want to get to people whether it be professionally or personally. It's a good way to organize and get your points across while showing some of your personality.
The problem that I see all of these sites having is that they are not very popular. I guess I don't know what's popular and what's not when it comes to the professional world, but not a lot of people I know have accounts or use any of the resources we are discovering. It may become more popular in the future, but for right now, I feel as though it's not and so it's going to be harder to connect with people than e-mail or just handing out hard copies of your stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment